FRESHEN UP A BIT

Guacamole is one of my favorite things to make for a snack because it's tastes fresh and is delicious. It's the perfect summer treat and is so easy to make! I found this recipe on  KATE SPADE'S website and after trying it out, I must say that it beats my original recipe. The thing is, my recipe requires more household items so it would save you from a trip to the grocery store. Instead of tomatillos and jalapeño, I usually just use red tomatoes and tabasco sauce to give it that kick. Either way, the results turn out great! Enjoy!




ingredients:

3 avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
3 tomatillos, husked and chopped (to make about 1 cup)
1 red onion, finely chopped
juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
salt and pepper to taste



directions:


1. mix all ingredients in a medium bowl

2. cover, and refrigerate for fifteen minutes before serving



1 comment:

  1. Try adding some ground cumin next time you make guac... It really adds a nice blend of flavors!

    ReplyDelete